- Dual action cleanser and skin toner
- Suitable for all-purpose shaving lather for men and woman, especially those prone to shaving irritations.
- Removes surface bacteria and impurities
- Gentle eye make-up remover
- pH Balanced for the skin
- No sulphates
- Leaves skin feeling clean, soft and fresh
- Does not irritate
- Balances excess oil
- Leaves the skin moist and hydrated
Active ingredients include:
- Decyl Glucoside, Wheat Protein, Guar Gum - All possess natural surfactant (cleansing) properties which provide a mild foaming action in order to thoroughly cleanse in a non-drying, non-abrasive manner.
- Echinacea - Possesses the distinct ability to counteract pus and infection (anti-bacterial) and to heal wounds.
- Lemon Scented Tea Tree Oil - Contains anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Calendula - An effective anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial agent, beneficial for slow healing wounds and blemishes.
Water (Aqua),Aloe Barbadensis (Leaf) Extract, Coco-Betaine, Glycerin,Cyamopsis, Tetragonoloba (Guar Gum),Decyl Glucoside, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia (French Lavender) Oil, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Citric Acid, Leptospermum Petersonii (Australian Lemon Scented Tea Tree) Oil
Pump a small portion of Purify Facial Cleanser into the palm of the hand. Add a few drops of water and mix until a slight lather forms. Apply to the face in a gentle circular motion. Rinse with tepid water and pat dry.
Founded in 1994 by Barbara Filokostas, a Melbourne based naturopath and herbalist, Botáni is Australia’s leading natural skincare brand specialising in innovative, treatment focused products.
After setting up her own clinical practice, Filokostas noticed her clients presented with three major skin issues: acne, fungal infections and dehydrated skin.
Observing the physical and psychological impacts of these skin conditions made, she realised how important healthy skin was to one’s happiness, self confidence and general wellbeing.
Witnessing the effects of modern day living on the skin and the need to treat and address growing skin sensitivities, she began to understand how ingredients from nature could restore balance and overall skin health.
As a young child she’d learnt about the many health benefits of olive oil from her grandmothers and it was therefore instinctive for her to turn to the healing properties of the plant world and in particular, the olive tree.
Rescue Acne Cream, launched 2001
Through market research and listening to her clients, Barbara became aware of the growing need for alternative natural skin care. Using a wholistic approach to skin health, and guided by a key principle of Hippocratic medicine (vis medicatrix naturae – healing powers of nature), Botáni was born.
In 2001, Botáni’s Olive Skin Serum and Rescue Acne Cream were launched.
Botáni has become renowned for their use of plant active Olive Squalene. The key ingredient in their breakthrough Olive Skin Serum, Olive Squalene mimics the natural moisturiser found in our own skin – Squalene – which allows it to penetrate and deliver oxygen to the skin’s deepest layers for true hydration and healing to occur.
Botáni in 2012
TGA listed, Botáni’s range of natural pharmaceuticals offer proven results in the treatment of acne, tinea and common fungal infections while their face and body ranges provide effective results for dehydration, premature ageing and problem skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
Botáni’s products allow your skin to breathe and function naturally whilst experiencing ‘the Botáni difference’.
Botáni believes natural skin care should be available for all – all skin types, all skin conditions, all ages, all budgets – and with their range of versatile skin care solutions, you too can achieve healthy, radiant skin.
It’s time to educate yourself about the plant world’s untapped liquid gold – Olive Squalene – scientifically proven to defend the skin from damage and ageing.
Nature’s answer to youthful, radiant skin
Vegan friendly and gluten free, Olive Squalene is a plant active that has a molecular structure comparable to our skin.
Resembling human Squalene, our skin’s own built-in moisturiser, Olive Squalene’s biocompatibility allows it to penetrate into the deepest layers of the skin for true hydration and rejuvenation to occur.
Unlike olive oil, Olive Squalene is a clear, non-greasy oil that imparts a satin finish, ideal for daily under makeup.
Olive Squalene is an unsaturated hydrocarbon. Its molecular structure is very different from other carrier oils, such as coconut, sunflower, sweet almond, rosehip and even olive oil, as it is an ‘active’.
Active ingredients cause a formula to have an ‘activity’ level, meaning they can perform a specific activity within the skin that can be measured for efficacy. Eg. Olive Squalene has been clinically proven to increase skin’s moisture levels by up to 50%*.
Being able to stimulate the natural cell rejuvenation process, Olive Squalene can decrease the appearance of the tell tale signs of ageing such as fine lines, wrinkles and sun spots. It has excellent healing properties to reduce the appearance of scars.
Resembling our own protective coat, Olive Squalene is a proven antioxidant and free-radical scavenger. A proven SPF booster, once applied topically it has the ability to cancel out the cell damaging effects of free radicals including ultraviolet light from the sun (UVA or UVB) which account for 90% of the symptoms of premature ageing.
Olive Squalene is nature’s most effective moisturising active allowing it to fight another sign of premature ageing, dehydration. Alleviating skin dryness and dehydration, Olive Squalene provides both immediate and long lasting hydration. An all-natural emollient, the plant active lubricates the skin restoring skin suppleness and elasticity.
All Skin Types
Being an anti-inflammatory, Olive Squalene is suitable for use on all skin types. It’s clinically proven to reduce redness and calm irritation making it an ideal solution for those prone to ezcema, psoriasis, rosacea and dermatitis. Certified by ECOCERT according to ecological and organic standards, it has an excellent safety profile. It’s non-irritating, non-allergen, non-toxic**.
PURE PLANT INGREDIENT
- NO to mineral oils and Paraffin oil.
- NO to Parabens.
- NO to Sulfates and Propylene Glycol (PEGs).
- NO to Petroleum Jelly and Lanolin.
- Natural emollients and moisturising actives: Olive Squalene, Olive butters and Jojoba oil.
- Botanical active extracts that heal and sooth: Echinacea, Olive leaf extract, Calendula, Arnica, Liquorice root and Aloe vera.
- Plant based emulsifiers/gums: Lecithin (soya derived) and food grade Xanthan gum, Guar gum, Acacia Senegal Gum.
- Plant based preservatives: Potassium Sorbate (natural food preservative) and Grapefruit Seed Extract.
- Natural detergents and humectants: Hydrolysed Wheat protein, Coco-Betaine & Decyl Glucoside, Glycerine, Hyaluronic acid and Sodium PCA.
- Natural plant derived skin lubricants & no animal derived ingredients: rich Olive Waxes rather than Bees Wax